First it was questbars and yoga for everyone. And PB! That was the way to recover from an ED. The one and only way on tumblr.
Now it’s MM for everyone. The “true way” to recovery.
I’m recovered from the ED I had. And next month I’m getting discharge from the psychologist who helped me recover…
What would your 7 year old self say if she saw you politely refusing your favorite flavor of ice cream.
(Mint chocolate chip goes best with warm summer nights)
What would she think if she knew you drank coffee black.
(You use to tell your mom it tasted like gasoline)
(Your dad made pancakes every Sunday morning)
Ran until your lungs couldn’t take in oxygen fast enough.
(No one is chasing you anymore)
Counting every calorie.
(You never liked math)
What would she say if she saw you hating yourself .
things you shouldn’t feel guilty about:
- enjoying food
- feeling full
- eating more than someone else
- taking a second serving
- eating until you are full
- nourishing your body
- not liking a certain food
- eating a food for its taste, not its health benefit
- food in general
Your metabolisms reaction to treating it right
- Breakfast: what a great start, thank fuck I don't have to start the day in a panic, now I know I have what I need to not have to hold onto anything that comes my way, and I can start focusing on functioning properly
- Snack: alright, thanks a lot, I'm glad I trusted you. Another snack came my way and I was able to continue giving you the best possible energy I can deliver
- Lunch: gee I needed this, I've been working for a while and need to maintain my hard work. Thanks for feeding me, I'll be able to carry on
- Snack: thank you dear
- Dinner: hell fucking yeah fish and chips how did you know that's exactly the amount of protein and carbs and fat I needed. Oh? You listened to your cravings? Great! we're really close he always knows what I need
- Snack: I'm getting tired but I'm going to have to keep working whilst you sleep, so you still need to fuel me. Until the morning old chum!
- Any time of the day: Thank you for treating me right by eating enough, even if it was two big meals and no small snacks.